Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Don't Just say you care , Express it too !!


Our parents have done so much for us. Have been there with us through all our trials and triumphs. Guided us, supported us, loved us , corrected us, nurtured us and so much more. What all they do for us cannot be expressed in words . We often acknowledge what they have done and say that we really care for them .
But how many of us truly express it to them?? I think very few. Its equally important to show or express the love , respect and dignity we have for our elders. All our elders deserve true respect and love which should actually be EXPRESSED to them rather then just saying " We really care." Through my own experience and many others I have felt that elders don't need anything else than love , affection and true respect. Then why does it become so difficult to express that love to them.
Don't think that there is no need to express when they already know how much I care for them. Its equally important and essential to say it . Just think, if everyday you express some of your love to them How happy they would be. Sometimes the simple gesture of saying , "OH !! Mom Dad, I love you so much !!" makes them feel so special . And what does it takes from you , just nothing. Infact whenever you will make them feel special, you yourself will feel so happy and will love them even more.
I do it daily , I make it a point that I make them feel special some way . Let me list some things that I often try.
-- I often go in the kitchen and hug my mom and say " I love you so much !! . You are so special"
-- Whenever Dad is tired , just acknowledge the hard work he does for all of us and say "Papa you must be tired , you work so hard for us. I am really grateful to have you ".
-- When mumma is tired and doesn't want to cook , I offer her that I will make the dinner today . ( Not very often I say this but sometimes I do :) )
-- Just tell them the good qualities which you would like to imbibe from them. Like I want to be a great human being like my mother and yes I make it a point I say it to her .
-- Make mother's day and father's day a special day for them. Some occasions are great opportunities to express your love . It can be by giving them a surprise, going out , giving a card, a gift, or just a hug saying "How precious you are for me."
There are so many other million things you can do , What I wanna convey here is that just don't hide the love you have for your elders , express it and see the change it brings in your relationships.
All the best to all of you !! I just love my parents so much !! They are really special and I take care that I make them feel it very often !!

5 comments:

Nidhi said...

There is nothing more than expression. Good one!! Keep it up! If one day all of us think the same way..our lives will blossom.

pallavi said...

Very true !! Thanks for your precious comment. Have a nice day !!

simmi said...

heeyyy pallali .. this is a wonderful write-up.. i really really appreciate this..and would really love if someday sanu expresses her love for me!

Pallavi Jain said...

Thanks a lot.. Ofcourse she will !!

Unknown said...

A novel initiative; everyone takes it for granted, without fathoming its depth and the difference it could make altogether... appreciate it.....

--Arpit